Request for quotation - Appointment of a vendor to provide daily translation of Chinese newspapers
Bank Negara Malaysia would like to invite interested agencies/companies to provide daily Chinese-to-English translation service. The successful agency/company will be responsible for providing:
- Daily gist translation of front page stories as well as first-page articles of business sections in the main Chinese newspapers (Sin Chew Daily, Nanyang Siang Pau and China Press) and;
- Full translation of three articles per day on news related to the economy, financial sector, Bank Negara Malaysia or on ad-hoc request made by Strategic Communications Department of Bank Negara Malaysia.
Only agencies/companies that meet the following requirements will be considered:
- Malaysian registered company
- Has been in operation for at least one (1) year
- Financial strength (positive net worth for the last one (1) year
- Office(s) based in Klang valley area
- At least two translators were employed in the agency/company
The translator(s) employed by the agencies/companies having any of the following would be an added advantage:
- Degree or higher qualification in relevant languages; or
- Diploma in translation from Persatuan Penterjemah Malaysia (PPM) or equivalent; or
- Certificate in translation from Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia (ITBM); or
- Relevant experience in translating and editing economics, finance & business articles.
Issuance of Quotation Documents
Quotation documents can be obtained via email at firstname.lastname@example.org during normal working days between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from 29 January - 9 February 2018.
The closing date and time for the submission of the quotation is on 9 February 2018, 12:00 noon
For enquiries, please contact
Liew Tien How Tel: 03-2698 8044 e-mail: email@example.com
Low Thiam Huat Tel: 03-2698 8044 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank Negara Malaysia shall not be responsible for any loss of information or delayed in submission. Proof of posting shall not be accepted as evidence for the submission of information. Bank Negara Malaysia is not obliged to give any reason for non-acceptance and rejection of any proposal.