Bank Negara Malaysia Internship Programme 2022
You will join one of the many departments, working at Bank Negara Malaysia’s headquarters in Kuala Lumpur for 2 to 6 months at the heart of the Malaysian economy. In this role you may be involved in key central banking functions like surveillance, research, policymaking, banking supervision, analytics, operations, and tech, amongst others.
When you join us at Bank Negara Malaysia, you are joining an organisation that cares for your development. You will receive coaching and mentoring from your colleagues, who will help you grow and achieve your career goals.
Our structured internship programme will give you a first-hand experience with what we do at Malaysia’s central bank. At the end of your internship, high-performing interns may receive a fast-track invitation to interview for our Kijang Graduate Program.
Information for Applicants
We invite interested candidates to apply by completing the following documents and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org from 1 November 2021 until 31 January 2022 for the February-June & Summer Internship 2022 intake.
- Currently residing in and is a citizen of Malaysia,
- Currently working towards either a CGPA of 3.5/4 or a second class upper (2:1) final degree classification, or a WAM of 75% in an undergraduate or masters’ degree in any discipline from a reputable academic institution,
- Willing to commit between 2 to 6 months for the internship.
Please submit the required documents below in PDF format:
- Internship Application Form
- Latest Academic Results / Transcript
- Pre-University / Diploma Result Slip, whichever is applicable (Eg: Foundation, Matriculation, STPM, SPM, O-Level, A-Level, American Degree Program, Australian Matriculation, International Baccalaureate)
- A copy of your NRIC
- Internship placement letter issued by the university (if any)
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
If your application is successful, you will be required to pass a medical check-up and a security vetting process. Interns will receive an allowance of RM 1,350.00 per month.
Interns will be placed throughout departments across Bank Negara Malaysia depending on the availability of places. We will attempt to place you in a suitable department based on your preference and academic qualifications where you will be able to contribute sufficient impact and gain valuable experience.
More Opportunities - Internship
Kijang Graduate Programme
The Kijang Graduate Programme provides a holistic exposure to the Bank's diverse roles in shaping the nation. You will be job-rotated across the Bank's sectors over 18 months, allowing you to discover the possible range of career paths with us.
Bank Negara Malaysia Scholarships
Our scholarship is intended to nurture young Malaysian talents by providing access to the best learning experience at top universities per the Bank's list of approved universities in selected fields.
What we do shapes the lives of Malaysians every day, and for years to come. This is why here in Bank Negara Malaysia, we look for the best and brightest, invest in our people, and offer diverse paths for professional growth.