Our internship programme placements take place twice a year and are based at the Bank’s Headquarters in Kuala Lumpur offering Malaysian undergraduate and postgraduate students the opportunity to gain invaluable working experience and transferable skills within a range of specialized fields, whilst contributing to central banking work that directly impacts the nation’s progress.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate programme
- Minimum CGPA of 3.50
- Pursuing a Bank-related fields of study in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Law and Computer Science.
Successful interns are required to pass a medical check-up and security vetting; and will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000.00 per month.
Applications will be received and considered between October to December for the March intake, and between June to July for the October intake.
Applications will be received and considered between October to December (March intake) and June to July (October intake). Please submit the required documents below in PDF format:
- Internship Application Form
- Latest academic transcript from the university
- Copy of SPM Certificate
- Copy of NRIC
- Placement letter issued by the university
Only successful applicants will be notified.
- How long are the internship periods?
The Bank offers internships of a duration between 2 to 6 months.
- Can I choose the department and location I wish to intern in?
Our internship programmes will take place at Bank Negara Malaysia’s Head Quarters in Kuala Lumpur. We will try to match the department to your qualifications/interests but cannot guarantee that you will be placed in the department of your choice. Your placement should provide you with a sound working experience while contributing to important central bank work.
- What qualities do you look for in an intern?
We are looking for talent who enjoy working with people, have strong communication skills, be a team player, be willing to learn and have critical thinking skills.
- Is the internship a paid internship?
Interns will receive internship allowance of RM1000.00 per month.
- Will I be guaranteed a job at the Bank at the end of my internship?
An internship placement at the Bank does not guarantee you a position at the Bank upon completion of the internship programme. However, you are welcome to apply to join our workforce by submitting a job application through our Careers page.