FINANCIAL MARKETS COMMITTEE
The Financial Markets Committee (FMC) is established with the objective to broaden industry engagement with a focus in reviewing and formulating comprehensive strategies for the wholesale financial markets to meet the diverse and complex demands of a more developed and internationally integrated economy.
The FMC shall comprise of participants/representatives from Bank Negara Malaysia, financial institutions, corporations, financial service providers and other institutions or stakeholders which has prominent role or participation in the financial markets.
The Committee also aims to provide a senior-level forum for market participants to meet regularly to discuss matters and potential issues and risk relating to the development of Malaysian financial market.
- To identify and assess current and potential developments and issues, structural trends and risks affecting the Malaysian financial market.
- To recommend on appropriate strategies and action plans to develop the Malaysian financial market.
- To promote market best practices and contribute towards enhancing market integrity and professionalism.
Members of FMC
- Norzila Abdul Aziz, Assistant Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Mohamad Ali Iqbal Abdul Khalid, Director, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Chu Kok Wei, Treasurer, CIMB Group
- Md Farid Kairi, Head of Global Markets, Malayan Banking Berhad
- Latifah Mohamed Yusof, Head of Corporate Finance & Treasury, Malaysia Airlines Bhd
- Wong Siew Lin, Chief Investment Officer, Allianz
- Tai Mei Ling, Deputy General Manager, Securities Commission
- Raymond Tang, CEO, Eastspring Investments Berhad
- Alvin Kong, Treasurer, HSBC Bank
- Mohd Rashid Mohamad, Treasurer, RHB Group
- Jamzidi Khalid, Treasurer, AmBank
- Sylvia Wong, Treasurer, Standard Chartered Bank
- Aida Mastura, Treasurer, Citibank
- Akihiro Kamimura, Managing Director, MUFG Bank Bhd
- Doris Tay, Managing Director, Panasonic Financial Centre Bhd